Your First Visit
Your first visit to our practice establishes a vital foundation for our relationship with you. During the first visit, we make sure to obtain important background information and give you time to get to know our staff. During this visit, Dr. Shelley will:
- Perform a simple risk assessment questionnaire
- Review your medical, social and family history
- Identify chief concerns
- Discuss your sleep practices and sleep hygiene
- Review your sleep study results with you
- Provide education about sleep breathing disorders
- Perform a thorough head, neck, TMJ, oral and cancer screening exam
- Discuss various therapy options available to treat sleep breathing disorders and related co-morbidities
- Demonstrate oral appliance options
- Discuss expectations of Oral Appliance Therapy
- Discuss what to expect of each future visit including calibration studies
- Coordinate referral with a sleep medicine physician if you do not have one
- Coordinate a sleep study test if indicated (either at-home or overnight polysomnography
- Provide information on expected insurance coverage
- Continue with work-up to begin oral appliance therapy if desired or reschedule
- Collaborate with your medical sleep physician for treatment coordination and final evaluation
We are a Medicare Durable Medical Equipment provider as well as are in-network with many traditional medical insurance plans. We do not balance bill traditional Medicare Insurance patients and most of these Medicare patients will have minimal out of pocket expense. If your insurance company is not allowing sleep dentistry to be in-network, we will request a GAP exception for you. As an additional benefit, we file your medical insurance claims for you and do not out-source these claims, improving accuracy.
We accept CareCredit as a financing option for copays, deductibles, or private pay patients. CareCredit is a third-party financier we have worked with for years, and they have helped countless patients by providing low-to-no interest payment plans. You can sign up for a plan right through our website by clicking on the link below, and you’ll never have to worry about any surprise fees or unexpected charges. To find a plan that works for you, follow the link below.
Below, we have provided our New Patient forms that you will need to complete prior to your first appointment. You can expedite matters by filling out the forms online before you arrive for your initial visit. Please be sure to complete both steps so we can be fully prepared to help you! If you would prefer to fill them out in our office, please arrive 30 minutes early for your appointment.